Moving my blog to Jekyll
For a long time now, my primary webpage was based on Jekyll, a great little Ruby template system. Now, I finally decided to abandon Wordpress altogether and move my blog posts to Jekyll as well. The primary reasons were that I didn’t like the old layout and title of the blog, and now everything integrates nicely. Also, either my browser configuration or some change in my hoster’s configuration seemed to prevent various images (including the header image) from loading, which made the page really ugly.
The conversion was mostly automatic, only the images included in posts needed some fiddling. The permalinks of course stayed the same (well, if you don’t count the redirect from the “blog” subdomain to the “blog” subdirectory), but image links changed a bit.